Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Scrapbook Challenges Crop Layouts

Scrapbook challenges had a crop this weekend and we had until tonight to get things finished and uploaded. I guess there is nothing like waiting until the last minute, lol. The theme of the crop was to use up some old stash items, so each layout has a requirement for what needs to be on it. Here are the layouts I managed to complete.




This was done with one of the monthly sketches from their site. Not for the crop, but I wanted to post it anyway. This is Tyler's new form of bathtub entertainment. He likes to have a double bubble bath. He blows bubbles while in a bubble bath, lol. And it was so cute. I had this layout almost done, but just felt like it needed something else. So I walked away and let it sit. Then I would come back and move things, look again, play with other items, leave it, look again. Tyler asked what I was doing and why I didn't finish it. I told him I couldn't find something that looked right to use on here. He went to his candy bowl and brought me back the purple ribbon, layed it on the layout exactly where it is now, and said- there, that matches. It was a tie around the bag of one of his Christmas chocolates, lol. I love that he can see creative ways for me to use non-scrappy items and he was so proud to contribute to "his" page.



This layout was for the use your old, small flowers. I had plenty, so that was not a problem. I used an old 52 sketches for the design. And since I was digging through so much old stash, I included a few other older items on also- the metal flower, the green swirly clip, and the old chipboard letters. These are pictures of Tyler at Avery's birthday party. He enjoyed it so much, we decided to have his party there also.


This is my layout for the challenge to use up some really old embellishments. You also got a bonus entry if you tried a technique out of your comfort zone. First, I never do two page layouts anymore, so I tried that with this one. Also, I stamped, colored, and cut the holly, stockings, and presents emellishements and then clustered them with pop dots. The teddy bear and two tags were items I have had for several year that I had received in swaps. I used alot of the old flowers on this page also. I also pulled out the two punch outs, the metal photo turns, and the bookplate that I wrote the year in. These photos are from the get together we had at Stephanie's for the kids to decorate christmas cookies.


This layout was created for the sticker challenge. The requirement was to use at least five of the older style, flat stickers. I used the gingerbread and wreath stickers. I matted them on red circles that I inked with white, then rematted with white and inked with red. The picture is of Tyler's visit with Santa this year. He had been very specific about what he wanted for Christmas- hot wheels, real tools, and a toy motor and pressure washer. So I was very surprised when he came back and told me he told Santa he wanted hot wheels and a bb gun. I was relieved to find out later that he meant a nerf gun, lol.


This was for the chipboard challenge. I have a ton, so I was definitely glad for the push to use some. It was just plain chipboard, so I swirled blue and white paint together, then sponged it on without completely mixing the paint. IRL the shades of blue are very swirly. This year, we decided to take the kids to some of the local activities for New Years Eve. I took these pictures of Tyelr playing around while we were waiting for Brittany to finish watching a play.

No comments: