Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Great News

We just got the call this afternoon that Tyler will be starting preschool tomorrow. I thought he would be SSOOO excited as he has been begging and bugging every day since his birthday to go, but when I told him, he wasn't really interested. He crawled up on my lap and said "I don't want to talk about it now, I am watching tv." I hope os not starting to get nervous. The great part is, the school is literally right in our back yard. We will just walk right out past the garage and into the parking lot, so I will be very close if he needs me. I can't wait to see how this is going to work, he really needs the interaction with kids his age. And he is very smart and has been excited about going to school to learn new things. He even learned how to write his own name to be prepared. And selfishly, I am kinda thrilled at the idea of having a few days back to myself. It has been almost 14 years. But I also have that tron heart feeling of knowing my last baby is heading out the door. But I know he is ready- all I have to do is look at his face as he sees the other kids coming and going from the school every day. The look of yearning is very noticable. Here's hoping all goes well.

1 comment:

~Telah said...

How exciting for your son! My youngest son turns four in June and I want to get him started in Pre-K in the fall. I need to go ahead and get him on the waiting list. Good Luck!!